Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Not Cute


I remember, I thought
he was kinda cute,
until his words
slapped me brutal.
 
Told another boy,
"Man that's the ugliest girl, I've
ever seen", laughing down.
 
Eyes peaked with
warm tears, that
seeped away all
the dignity left in me..

 Felt I was underneath
the concrete I stood upon,
blended in, near dingy
trampled grass.
 
My voice seemed distant
not yet present
to retaliate
for the sake of me.

Momma told me not to worry,
she said, "That's just baby fat"
knew I was nobody's baby.
 
I came to think
my sweet tummy
rolls of flesh were
stacked just like
3-layer chocolate cake.

 Too much of it just makes you sick.
 
Tanette
2006

No comments:

Post a Comment