Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Monday, March 25, 2013

Cycle

Just yesterday...
I forgot his existence.
Had a fresh vacancy
for someone else
to move in.

So I, got lost
in the me of things.
Took the time
to soak my feet tender.
Painting them a relieving red,
if that makes any sense.
I just feel better when
my feet are colored, smooth.
Like to press the meat of my fingers
 across the shiny lacquered tops.

It felt good to feel good
about me again.
Riding down 65th street,
listening to nothing but the
beat of the wind, cool
spaces of air meeting
cheek. Didn't even need my music.
I was already calm.
             
When I looked over to
my passenger side,
I happened to see it
full view.  It was that
thing, he always wanted,
a Cadillac-something or another,
Misty Blue.

Just one thing,
on the list of things
he wanted, never
tried hard enough to get.

When I saw it, I didn't
see the driver, just it,
and the cool blue seemed
to run through me
like a bad vibe.

Tanette
2007


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment