Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Unfilled Pauses

When it was over,
I felt distant winds between us,
cold and constant…

Floating sideways
against my cheek,
with each breeze
created a blurred static -
between
our shadows
apart.

I tried to get used to
the feeling of you
away from me…

Like the utter tugging
of your soul from mine.
Each stitch of you
broke lose-
free to dangle
away.

The day I found out
you found Her again;

For a second,
life went numb
and everything in it
vibrated a weak song,
I could no longer
bare to sing.

My brain whispered to me,
bitter-nothings I forced down...
“When something goes undone
for so long, maybe (just maybe)
it Is done. “

Thanked my brain,
for the swift words that
soothed my pained heart.

Time quietly took me
to gather up the unfilled pauses-
you left behind…

And in the soaking of silence,
I healed.

Tanette
2011

No comments:

Post a Comment