Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Finding My Voice

It was kinda funny when
I walked inside of myself,
took a few steps...eyes wide open,
looked around and could not
recognize myself.

Could not see the me
that was meant to be.
For way too long, I
lay low fondling with
an implied safety below.

Below where timid cries bellowed
insignificantly into shy whispers,
too afraid of the air they
bumped against. Fear blazing
within my chest.

Questions did I seek;
Who would listen to me...
Who would follow my lead...
is what I decreed.

Felt comfort  in being the girl that
didn't say much.  Found I said
too little too late. Yet thoughts
began to overload my mind,
with this new-found wisdom
my soul did find
in due time.

Learned that I enjoyed much
the rhythmic beat of my
mental calculations, developing
into the perfect equation
of inspiration within conversation.

Found my words
to be my very own.
Becoming the master of them,
unchained and singing free.
Free at last, free at last,
Thank God Almighty,
They were free.

Free to be what they had always been.

Words that seemed to
pour out of the heavens,

Finding myself gifted, with
intricate words hallelujah-streaked
through my veins, the verses golden-
drenched within my blood.

See it was inevitable for me
to be right here, right now
standing tall, not afraid at all,
by my choice, finding my voice.

Tanette
2009

2 comments:

  1. I love this but then again I enjoy all of your writing. I can't wait for you to share your creativity with our readers of IM B.E.T.T.A.H! Very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks ma'am, and thank you for all your help and encouragement in my endeavors! Smooches

    ReplyDelete