Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Black & Blue

It was he that bruised me black and blue,
though his fist he did not use.

My rainbow turned to shades of grey,
wondering if I could face another day.

See he attacked my intellect,
and opened my eyes to self-regret.

Driving many blows to my gut,
making me wonder what was what.

Over and over, he punched my soul,
until I questioned myself as a whole.

Fed my mind loaded blanks,
leaving me empty with only self to thank.

For it was me that allowed him in,
and took the strikes again and again.

It was in he I thought I'd find myself,
not realizing my thoughts were so far left.

I knew I had to get it right,
so I pulled myself up with all my might.

Then I pulled myself inside-out,
to face the pain my spirit did bout.

Up and down and down and up,
riding that internal roller-coaster was just my luck.

But I held on for sweet dear-life,
and when the bumps came, I had no strife.

I found my own colors to be true,
pretty reds, bold browns, and deep blues.

They always seemed to be shining through.
It was just up to me to do what I knew to do.


Tanette
2010

No comments:

Post a Comment