Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Random Rant:Left-Overs

Is there anyone, who just really, really adores left-overs... Umm...I think not.  However, the whole idea of the left-over meal is really ingenius.  You save time, money, and the thought process of figuring out what's for lunch or dinner the next day. When you think about it, it's the perfect solution for the single mother, working woman, or busy house wife alike.

We all work so hard, and if we could just succumb to the convenience of the "Left-Overs", it might make life that much easier.  Reallyyy??? you say, well maybe it's not that serious, but it would sure help a sista' out lol. My personal experience with the left-over meal, is that it is just my daughter and I, so we don't eat much, and whatever is left, I just want to dump. No matter how hard I try, I can't wholly make the left-over committment.   True you don't have to to do it all the time, but it would help at least once or twice a week. 

Enough about food, but still speaking about left-overs. What do I mean you might ask? Well I'm about to tell ya.

It's the type of left-overs that your heart and soul doeth ponder. The kind that linger and lap around your brain unwanted, until the stench is too much for your mind to bare. It is when the memory of a lost love hunts you like forgotten left-overs that taunt an otherwise clean frig.

Left-Overs

I erased everything of myself
that was of you, but somehow,
you seemed to weave in and out
of the dark shadows of my soul.
Cold , Sticky, Wet, and Vacant…
As if you marked it with your urine.
There your scent lingers wretched.
I inhale the stench only to
exhale you away again.
Desperately trying to
Replenish, Renew,
Prosper, Elevate.
Yet it puzzles me how
I loved someone who
never loved me….after-taste,bitter.
So I let the pieces
you left behind marinate
just a little bit longer, content
that I could be satisfied completely
when the whole of you
is gone from me.

Tanette
2011

2 comments: