Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Words of a Woman...Words that Seek to Speak to Soul of Every Woman

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Greener

I remember that kiss on my forehead
just before he said, it’s not you
its me. “I just gotta get myself
together" he said.

Can’t seem to get those words
outta my head, instead
I let them drift into dreams
that took my mind away from he.

Lost in green clouds of green skies,
in my own green world,
seeing nothing but the purest green
an eye could ever see, for
it was already locked within me.

I guess he thought that the grass would be
greener if he leaned away from me.

It seems he didn’t know then that the moment he
stepped outside of my door that nothing,
I mean nothing... could match the shade of me.


Tanette
2010

I need a shirt that says that crap, "It's not you, its me line!

It seems some men go after, what they should be running away from the most.  However, I've found that men want the one who allows them to just "be" ...to JUST EXIST...no growth evident...not the one who encourages him to grow, to reach beyond boundaries never exceeded...a woman who dares him to dream, and his passions are her very own.  No...that type of woman is chased by and deserved by a man who recognizes such worth. 

 So if you've heard this line or you ever hear it, Trust that it's not you that is missing out, it is HE. Trust and Believe...Keyshia Cole said that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment